The role of the Air Quality Working Group includes:
- Developing an industry code of practice to align industry objectives with regulatory and community objectives.
- Implementing a consolidated dust model project to standardise air emission modelling across all Port Hedland Operations.
- Undertaking dust management audits, study and validation of data.
- Continuing to collect dust emission data and report to the Port Hedland Dust Management Taskforce.
- Maintaining PHIC boundary monitoring network.
- Providing support to the Department of Environment Regulation’s Light Detecting and Ranging (LiDAR) dust monitoring trial.